What is TMD?
Some of the most common TMD symptoms include:
- Pain in the face, jaw or ear area
- Tenderness when you chew, speak, or open your mouth wide
- Headaches (often mimicking migraines), earaches, and pain and pressure behind the eyes
- A clicking or popping sound when opening or closing the mouth
- Jaw that “gets stuck,” locked in the open- or closed-mouth position or goes out of place
- Tenderness of the jaw muscles
- Swelling of the face
Remember to let your GP and dentist know about any complementary therapies you are using
What Are the Benefits of TMJ Massage?
decreases in pain, muscle tension, stress and restrictions in the neck and facial muscles
promoted blood circulation
relieved stiff muscles
lowered blood pressure